Mr. Cheesy Simple Lasagna | For The Whole Family
In this recipe we created a simple lasagna with one of the best tasting cashew cheese sauce. This simple lasagna will have the whole family wanting more!
Mr. Cheesy Simple Lasagna | For The Whole FamilyPrint
- 1 Potato
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Cashews (Soaked if not using a Vitamix)
- 2 tsp Salt (add more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 TBSP Organic Corn Startch (non-gmo)
- 1 Jar Tomato Sauce
- 1+1/2 Packages of Brown Rice Pasta Lasagna Sheets
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Chop potato, carrot, and garlic and place them in a pot with 1+1/2 cup of water. They can be left big as they will be blended later.
- Boil until the potatoes and carrots begin to get soft.
- Place cashews, salt, lime or lemon juice and corn startch all in the blender. Preferably a High Power Blender as this will get thick.
- Pour the boiled potato, carrot, garlic and water mixture directly into the blender with the other ingredients. Make sure your blender can house hot liquids! Blend.
- Add more water if mixture gets too thick.
- Without precooking noodles, layer lasagna sheets side by side in a lasagna pan.
- Cover the layer with your favorite tomato sauce, cheese sauce, and favorite vegetables. We used spinach and mushrooms.
- Make sure to cover noodles completely with sauce. More sauce is better here.
- Once layers of the lasagna are completed, cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove tinfoil cover and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- Let Lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve and Enjoy
Can be enjoyed with a variety of vegetables and non-dairy Parmesan on top. We really enjoy grating some of Violife Just Like Parmesan Vegan Cheese Wedge on top! (Not affiliated or sponsored with Violife)
Also, try our: CRISPY BAKED POTATOES | OIL-FREE